PTS-3500B Weather Radar Test System
- The Ideal Aerosmith PTS-3500B Weather Radar Test System provides automated return-to-service testing of all current models of the Rockwell Collins digital Weather Radar Systems, including the WXR-700, the Forward Looking Windshear (FLW) unit, and the Multi-scan WXR-2100 radar systems.
- The PTS-3500B is a complete turnkey test system containing all of the hardware and software that an avionics shop needs to test and re-certify weather radar LRUs.
- The system replaces the previous generation of obsolete manual test equipment and provides the added benefit of automation by running the same ADATE software that Rockwell Collins uses.
- The system is used by Rockwell Collins’ service centers worldwide for Level I and II testing of R/Ts, antenna pedestals, radar control panels, and dedicated radar indicators, and it is specified as the recommended test solution in the respective Rockwell Collins CMMs.
- The system also has a manual mode that allows the user to control LRU inputs and read LRU outputs in a manner identical to that of the previous manual equipment, reducing upgrade training requirements.