A complete micro turbine gen set to consist of an engine/generator combination designed and manufactured specifically for engineering education.
- Engine must utilize an axial flow turbine stage, a reverse flow annular combustor, a free power turbine stage and a centrifugal compressor stage.
- System to include a USB connected laptop computer interfaced with National InstturmentsTM hardware and customized LabVIEW™ VI displays .
- System sensor package to entail 15 data reading points to include compressor inlet temperature and pressure, compressor stage exit temperature and pressure, turbine inlet temperature and pressure, power turbine inlet temperature and pressure, power turbine exit temperature and pressure, fuel flow, engine core RPM, power turbine RPM, generator current and power.
- Engine to be of current manufacture and consisting of all new components.
- Traceable and verifiable material to be used throughout engine.
- All elements comprising the system to be contained in a rigid steel chassis mounted on rolling castors.
- Complete system not to require permanent facility modification or additions.
- Complete gen set to be mounted behind transparent protective shields allowing clear view during operation.
- Fully automatic engine start and operational health monitoring system provided with LCD status readout and cumulative run-time cycle count.
- Representative engine components and technical data optionally available for teaching use and training aids.