Steam Turbine Power System
A steam electric powerplant designed for engineering education.
- Consisting of a fossil-fueled boiler, steam turbine and condenser tower mounted on a rigid, mobile frame.
- Boiler of a tube-type, flame through design with access doors to view the inner workings.
- Steam rate adjustable through a steam admission valve, regulating turbine speed and power output.
- Axial flow turbine used to drive an alternating current generator.
- Generator output to be rectified allowing the output of direct current.
- Provided with a comprehensive Operator’s Manual with design, operation and construction information.
- Generator output capable of delivering 15 Volts at 1 Amp to infinitely adjustable 15 Watt load.
- Unit to include analog boiler pressure gauge, generator voltage and generator current meters.
- To be supplied with a USB based digital data acquisition system complete with computer and user configurable data acquisition software capable of measuring and recording analog, digital and frequency signals.
- Equipped with calibrated transducers and thermocouples capable of measuring boiler temperature and pressure, turbine inlet and exit temperature and pressure, turbine RPM, fuel flow rate and generator load, voltage and current.
- All metal sur faces to be stainless steel, anodized or powder coated to promote durability and wear resistance.