Data Station Plus
- The Data Station Plus (DSP) was designed to act as a nexus for industrial data collection and management. The unit offers multiple protocol conversion, data logging and remote machine access. With three built in serial ports and a 10/100Base-T(X) Ethernet port, the unit performs protocol conversion, allowing disparate devices to communicate seamlessly with one another. The Ethernet port supports up to four protocols simultaneously so even Ethernet to Ethernet protocols can be converted.
- Connectivity: The DSP comes standard with one 10/100Base-T(X) Ethernet port, two RS-232 and one RS-422/485 serial ports, and one USB device port. Additional communication options include CANopen, Devicenet, and Profibus which are all available via a plug-in option card for all models except the DSPLE.
- Communication: Communicating with over 300 different protocols, the DSP is the most powerful communication platform available today. It can manage multiple-vendor applications and provide the ability to network-enable existing equipment. You can select the PLCs, drives, motion controllers or PID controllers that work best with your application, and control them all from one Red Lion DSP.
- Remote Monitoring and Control: The DSP series excels at keeping personnel informed of machine and process performance. With its built-in webserver, remote personnel can monitor as well as control equipment from virtually any networked device. The DSP can also alert personnel about existing or pending issues via email or SMS text messages to ensure problems are addressed quickly in order to minimize downtime.
- Collection: With its built-in data logger, the DSP offers a powerful means for recording continuous data as well as events and alarms. Data can be acquired from any or all connected devices and compiled into a single CSV-formatted file, where it can be stored, displayed, emailed or automatically synchronized with an FTP or Microsoft SQL server.
- Crimson Software: Red Lion’s powerful Crimson® 3.0 software is a remarkable programming platform that unlocks the unique power of the DSP with just simple drag-and-drop, point-and-click configuration. And unlike competitive solutions that charge you extra for cumbersome software, Red Lion’s Crimson software is included with each DSP.