Target Motion Systems TMS / HWIL
- TMS system solutions may consist of various configurations such as a 2X gimbal (i.e. rotary) system, a linear X-Y system, curvilinear X-Y system or Dual X-Y system. Any of the Ideal Aerosmith TMS systems are compatible with our 3X flight motion simulator systems or a TMS may be installed 3X FMS systems built by the former Carco Electronics™ or Contraves® companies.
- HWIL testing typically requires the implementation of a two-axis target motion simulator such as the Ideal Aerosmith Model 2452H.
- This system is configured with hydraulic actuator drives to ensure operational and performance compatibility with Ideal Aerosmith’s Model 2453H-ER Three-Axis Hydraulic Flight Motion Simulator (FMS).
- This two-axis configuration may be mounted to a separate base or to a base that is common to the three-axis system.
- The conventional TMS with a gimbal configuration provides azimuth and elevation target motion and all axes intersect at a common point to eliminate parallax with the missile seeker gimbal system located at the 3X FMS intersection of axes.
- Ideal Aerosmith designs and manufactures linear or curvilinear TMS systems to allow the real time simulation of dynamic RF targets.
- These TMS systems may be used in conjunction with Ideal Aerosmith’s 3X FMS systems or any installed 3X FMS system built by the former Carco Electronics™ or Contraves® companies.