We provides various kinds of loading devices for stress corrosion cracking (SCC), sulphide stress cracking (SSCC), hydrogen induced cracking (HIC), fracture mechanical and fatigue studies.
- Our workhorse for stress corrosion cracking tests is a PC operated electromechanical loading device. It can perform Slow Strain Rate Tests (SSRT), Constant Load (CL) tests and Low Frequency Cyclic Fatigue (LFCF) tests.
- The loading device can be used in ambient temperature, autoclave and high temperature gas environments. There are several models available of which the 10 kN, 25 kN and 50 kN instruments are the most popular.
- The operational principle of the versatile and flexible controlling software is based on sequenced load patterns that can be combined and connected in series.
- The highest cyclic loading frequency of our electromechanical instrument is about 0.1 Hz depending on the amplitude, loading mode and loading pattern. Servohydraulic or electrically operated loading instruments are needed for the higher cyclic frequencies.
- We can integrate an autoclave into such a loading device or integrate the servohydraulic actuator with a our autoclave.
- The core of the HIC instrument is a glass container in which the specimens are assembled. However, the accessories including gas volume flow meters, water traps, draft cabinet, ventilation and gas neutralization tools make the instrument more complicated.
- Constant-load instruments are used for evaluation of critical stress in a given environment using the Time-to-Failure (TTF) value as a testing result.